I had to do that just because I missed that sound. That tikka-tikka of the keyboard when I am starting a new Dorky Chick in Lipstick post. Maybe you read my blog before, and maybe you didn’t, but if you reading it now I just want to say thanks, hi, and welcome. I’ve missed this blog a little too much, and I think I’m done playing pretend.
Actually I have been in the exact same place the whole time but I had a really good hiding spot. Olly olly oxen free.
Maybe you remember my dramatic exit, maybe you don’t. But it went something like this: RIP fashion blog readers my blog is kaput. I don’t [always] love fashion, but I always love writing. I’m tired of pushing myself to churn out material about fashion when I’m overwhelmed with other facets of my young adult life. I am instead going to start another blog that is non-fashiony and be more transparent about my un-coolness.
I have deleted that blog post. I spent $26 dollars on this domain. And now I am confessing that I was wrong. And I apologize. I know things were going so well and all of a sudden I cut you off. It was selfish and I have learned my lesson. That other blog… it just wasn’t scratching my itch. Turns out, I actually do love fashion and all things fabulous. I’m not going to pretend that I am not a girly girl anymore because I definitely am. Not only that, but I love writing to capture the follies of the modern young woman!
It’s a clumsy reality out here, you know, and I got a little scared off. My internship ended, my financial priorities became my undergraduate degree instead of sewing classes, and I was seeing myself fall into routines that didn’t make time for writing. But the truth is, I broke the promise I made to myself when I started and that is to keep pushing through and to use this diary as a way of exercising my passion for a life lived fabulously! I shied away from what I thought was an ended path but I’ve learned that being real isn’t something to be ashamed of. It means detours, but it doesn’t mean the destination changes.
So I guess that makes this blog undead. Does that make it a zombie blog? Maybe. It is one of those nice zombies though……but not too nice.. More like a sassy and at times endearing zombie. Do those exist?
(^^seriously, who is the a-hole that put that online? That was what came up when I googled “nice zombie”)
No matter, what I was getting at before I got distracted thinking about zombies was that if you want to read my blog here is what you can expect:
– fashion posts, obviously. Some will be high brow, some will be low brow.
– blog posts about feminine things that I like. I am on a quest to find my true authentic style, and that is only going to happen if I try a lot of strange trends and various hairstyles first.
– blog posts about just being exactly who I am at exactly whatever given moment and being totally okay to laugh about it. Laughing is the most fabulous thing of all.
– blog posts bout PDX and the fab goings on! If something, like, amazing happens in the city, and I’m not there to blog about it, like, did it even happen?
(any Girls fans in the house?….. lol okay back to the list:)
– TRENDDAYYY photos. Yes. They are coming back. Can I get a whoop whoop?
– punny funs
– whatever I want b/c this is my blog with my rules!!!!! Maybe I’ll even vlog! I don’t know I’m crazy I do what I want!!!!
I think this song really says it for me…
and CHEERS! Because I missed you.