Here’s a little peak at a drawing I did for my illustration class project. A drop-waist leather (okay actually it’s pleather, but that’s all Joann had…) with a layered lace skirt. The fabric for the bottom was a sample of the scraps I found on my Goodwill Outlet trip! This dress is anything but casual, and is meant to be an alternative evening gown. The kind of thing I’d like to see a rockstar wear to the Oscars! It has a sort-of Kristen Stewart inspired style, that meets the elegance and feist of Cameron Diaz during her brunette phase.
Notes to future self:
– Stick to one pen with for the outline. Here I used a Staedler .1 and a .7… wish I would have stuck to the .1
– Consider adding more intricate lace detail
– Use more contrast to highlight the leather sheen
Pats on the back:
– I didn’t have to change the ethnicity due to over-coloring! Yay for motor skills!
– I chose a style I would really consider making! I am happy I chose to take the time to really design something that is an honest reflection of my design style
– It didn’t take me 3 hours to draw the body!! This means more time for my Prisma color markers and creativity!
Progress has been made!! Cheers to sucking less :)!
Back to work for this red head. Thanks for reading!